Saturday, February 07, 2009

Little miss sunshine still mum

SN reports: President Bharrat Jagdeo is remaining mum on the legality of his nine-year union with former First Lady Varshnie Singh.
For the second straight press conference since Singh disclosed that their union was never registered, Jagdeo refused to answer a question about whether the public deserves an explanation. “I have spoken enough on this matter. I am not going to be saying anything else on it. And I think it’s clear what I said in my document. You, as I said the last time, speak to her.”
Jagdeo and Singh were married according to Hindu rites in July, 1998 and according to Singh there were at least three unsuccessful attempts to register the union. As a result, their marriage was never legal.

No comments:

Post a Comment